Digital Media Services
Digital is no longer an option. It has become an essential part of the marketing mix and understanding how it delivers value remains a key consideration for sports brands and rights holders plotting a course through an ever-changing media landscape.
Nielsen Sports provides in-depth analytics and insights alongside a suite of digital tools which, combined with extensive expertise, help clients to understand better online ‘brand fit’, social media valuation, brand exposure online and share of voice.
While Rights Holders are increasingly “sold out” in terms of traditional sponsorship inventory, they are:
- Including digital and social media assets in sponsorship deals
- Struggling to understand the value of their digital fan base and potentially underselling
- Wanting to maintain an engaged and growing social fan base
With marketing budgets switching to digital versus traditional media channels, brand sponsorship teams are:
- Wanting to understand the true value of brand exposure and engagement in sponsorship
- Wanting to understand the social media “brand fit” with the property they’re sponsoring
- Wanting to use digital assets and campaigns to achieve their sponsorship objectives
Nielsen Sports are uniquely placed to support Rights Holders and Brand value the growing commercial impact of digital in sponsorship. In the last 18 months we have:
- Developed a social media valuation methodology that closely aligns to our TV broadcast methodology – enabling all to understand better the growing importance of digital and social
- Conducted 80+ social media valuation projects in 10+ markets
- Continued to evolve our methodology to value a brand’s changing exposure and engagement with fans/consumers through sponsorship
- Developed a set of global benchmarks that enable sports, leagues and teams to understand their share of voice in social
Our Digital Media Products
Why are companies using sponsorships and how can the use of social media help you with the extension and efficiency enhancement of your sponsorships?
Using sponsorships, companies can efficiently address their target audience, which creates high acceptance and credibility. With social media, these effects can be more intensified as personal and social motives entice people to share interesting content.
The spontaneous usage of social media is not very expedient – it needs a consistently planned cross-channel strategy. The basis of the strategy is the individual definition of objectives. Important objectives in the context of sponsorships are the activation and extension of sponsorships and direct customer communication. This results in the strengthening of the company profile and service improvement as well as direct success control and monetary incentives.
Nielsen Sports´ consultancy approach makes it easier for you to understand and to capitalise on opportunities and the added value social media has to offer.
Social Media Consulting – We offer/ OR we provide:
1. Knowledge transfer in social media and sponsorship through an introduction workshop
2. Digital strategy consulting
3. Successful control of your activities via monitoring and reports
4. Comparison with competitors and best practices
5. Monetary assessment of your sponsorship in the digital world
Analyse and understand the activities of your fans. Be aware when, where and what people are talking about concerning your brand/event. Know the demographic profile of your target audience and understand the tonality of the talks on social media.
What does social media monitoring offer?
Social media monitoring is a service that monitors and measures the communication based on predefined keywords on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and other relevant social networks. Social media benchmarking to track buzz around events, activations and assets
What are the benefits?
– Impact of online and offline activations and details of what is being discussed on which platforms on social media
– Who’s discussing what
– Where being discussed; market, platform and language
– What’s being discussed and when
Social media valuation delivers a service that puts a monetary value on owned Facebook, Twitter and YouTube profiles. Image, text and video formats are measured and valued through unique and globally accepted methodology developed by Nielsen Sports. In combination with the exact measurements of sponsor exposure and reach, Repucom delivers individually tailored solutions to measure your ROI in social media. In addition to the measurement of advertising value, other inventory items, such as photos, videos etc., can be compared against each other.
How can social media valuation benefit you?
– Compare social media with traditional forms of advertising
– Differentiate the monetary value between social networks and specific forms of content
With various tools at our disposal, Digital Market Intelligence delivers valuable analyses for the optimization of your digital communication. We enable you to interpret how successful your competitors communicate in social media compared to you and find opportunities to improve.
What does Digital Market Intelligence offer?
A service that observes and compares the most important digital platforms of competitors, partners and market leaders. The combination of social media monitoring, aggregated information conditioning of relevant KPI´s (e.g. engagement rate, distribution of content, development of fans and followers) as well as the analysis of web site visitors reached via social media, We deliver a comprehensive and comparison reflection of digital actions.
How can you leverage Digital Market Intelligence?
– Social Media Monitoring as a basis for analysis
– Compare your social media activities with those of your competitors
– Learn from market leaders in order to improve your social media actions (Interactions and content)
Define a digital strategy with clear goals and steps to meet objectives
ROI FROM DIGITAL
Define and raise monetary ROI
COMPARE YOUR ACTIVITIES
Compare your digital media activities with classic media approaches
Measure the success of your actions