At Nielsen Sports, we’re monitoring the online trends across social media as COVID-19 continues to impact the sport and entertainment landscape with events being postponed and cancelled across the globe. Athletes, teams and leagues are finding new and creative ways to engage with fans and throughout this period, we’ll be putting together a social media best practice snapshot-list for you. Keep up to speed with the best initiatives close to real-time.
Brand Led Initiatives:
- Nike’s latest campaign, narrated by LeBron James, is filled with hope for a broken world
- Unilever has launched a digital campaign for its hair care brand CLEAR, titled #comebackstronger in collaboration with MullenLowe Singapore.
Donations and Community Support led by teams, athletes & bodies:
- Football Beyond Borders launched football beyond walls, an initiative that paired young people and professional footballers for a game of FIFA 20
Creative ways Rights Holders & Athletes are engaging their fan bases:
- Major League Baseball (MLB) has collaborated with The Wild, Jungle Creations’ creative agency, to produce a new YouTube series called ‘Bases Covered’. The 10-week series is designed to keep British and European fans entertained and excited about baseball.
- With the U.K. in lockdown and grassroots rugby suspended, England Rugby’s performance partner Mitsubishi Motors teamed up with England Rugby Head Coach Eddie Jones to surprise five volunteer rugby coaches with a coaching development masterclass.
Go to Social Media Update #1 Go to Social Media Update #2 Go to Social Media Update #3 Go to Social Media Update #4 Go to Social Media Update #5 Go to Social Media Update #6 Go to Social Media Update #7 Go to Social Media Update #8 Go to Social Media Update #9
For more information on our social listening services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org